The Vision Buxton Marketing Group is made up of our visitor economy business and community group members plus representatives from Visit Peak District & Derbyshire.
We hold bi-monthly meetings, bringing together stakeholders in the town, to facilitate planning and working together.
For the meeting, a group updates report is produced to share everyone’s news and plans. These also include details on marketing campaigns and our various marketing initiatives.
The group has a number of sub-committees or ‘Action Groups’:
- Group Travel & Media Advertising – this group organises familiarisation visits for travel operators, produces an information pack for tour groups and coordinates general town adverts in tourist magazines, websites, annuals etc.
- Buxton Town Guide – this group coordinates the design, production and distribution of the free guide to Buxton.
- Leaflet Distribution – this group looks to coordinate combined leaflet distribution to help reduce costs.
- Heritage Open Days – this group coordinates the programme and marketing of events in Buxton for the national Heritage Open Days festival.
- International – this group aims to improve Buxton’s offer not in the English language and collates information for the Visit Buxton website.
- Accessibility – this group aims to highlight accessibility issues in the town, to collate accessibility information for the Visit Buxton website and encourages improved access to venues and events.
- Christmas – this group coordinates events listings and a promotional leaflet for the festive season.
- Banners – this group aims to coordinate town centre for the various attractions and events in the town and coordinate gateway welcome banners.
- Promotional Videos – this group coordinates the production of town promotional videos and helps collate videos featuring Buxton on the Visit Buxton YouTube channel.
These groups often hold smaller meetings, often via video call, in between main group meetings.
Our other marketing initiatives include:
- Marketing Toolkit – hosting the ‘Buxton Marketing Toolkit’ and promoting its use.
- Stock Photography – coordinating a collection of Buxton images for free media use.
- Visitor Data – collating visitor data from attractions to inform event marketing.
All our members are welcome to join the Marketing Group. Contact our administrator for details.