Connex Community Support is a registered charity celebrating 40 years of supporting the community in 2023. The organisation began as a Volunteer Bureau in Buxton in the 1980’s before merging with Volunteer Centre Derbyshire Dales in 2013 to form Voluntary and Community Services Peaks and Dales, and rebranding in 2018 to our current name of Connex Community Support.
Our aim is to support older, disabled and vulnerable people to live more fulfilled and independent lives. We are one of the area’s longest established charities. Each year we support over 5800 people across 500 square miles of Derbyshire: mostly rural, but also including eight market towns.
Our charity is embedded in our local communities, and we provide a comprehensive range of services, which include:
- Befriending – one to one, telephone, and group activities
- Volunteer-delivered Transport service
- Home Maintenance and Hoarding Clearance services
- Readycall Macmillan service in the Dales, providing social contact and practical support to people affected by cancer or other life-limiting conditions
- The Breadline – providing one-off emergency financial support to families who are facing financial hardship in the Buxton area
- Volunteer support, providing information and support to people who want to volunteer
- We also help other charities and voluntary organisations to find the volunteers they need
In addition to the above, we also run a CQC registered Care and Support Service. Our brilliant team of dedicated support workers provide highly regarded care for older people at home and to adults and children with physical, sensory or learning disabilities.