Buxton Business Improvement District (BID) Proposal
The board of Vision Buxton has appointed leading place management consultants The Mosaic Partnership to carry out a feasibility study to determine whether a BID would be right for Buxton town centre.
The BID Feasibility Study has now started, and businesses will be invited to put forward their views on what projects they feel will benefit Buxton town centre.
What is a bid?
A BID is an innovative and exciting way to manage a place. It is a formal arrangement where businesses decide what improvements they would like to make to their trading environment, put it together in a detailed business plan along with how much it would cost, and what they would be prepared to pay to see it happen. This five year plan would then go to an independent vote of all the businesses. If the majority vote yes then it would go ahead. There are over 250 BIDs already operating in the UK in places like Bath, Royal Leamington Spa and Shrewsbury, and over 2000 worldwide.
Who are Mosaic?
The Mosaic Partnership are leading place management consultants who have developed over 80 BIDs in the UK and abroad.
This has slipped by a couple of months from that first proposed due to a delay in getting the data required.
The Foundation (Feasibility) Phase – June to September 2017
The Development & Campaign Phase September 2017 – May 2018
July to September 2017
- Complete Feasibility Study and recommend way forward
September – December 2017
- If decision to proceed then ……….
- Conduct detailed Business & Stakeholder Consultation & Research.
- Analysis and Presentation of Results & Research
March to May 2018
- Commence the development of a 5 year business plan and further engagement with businesses and stakeholders
- Publish Business Plan and commence ballot campaign to ensure all potential levy payers are informed and vote.
- Conduct BID Ballot
- Buxton BID Company is formed and commences operations.
To find out more see below;
Read Vision Buxton's press release 14 May 2017 here
To find out more about BIDs in general click here
To find out more about the Mosaic Partnership click here